Dr. Carole Lovell
Licensed Clinical Social Work
Therapist, PsyD, LCSW, NBCCH
I enjoy all of my clients and feel competent to treat any mental or emotional disorder. I work primarily with adults, but I enjoy the children too. I am asked sometimes when I am going to retire and I say, “Never, I hope.” I cannot imagine not being involved with the people I have trained all my live to serve.
I enjoy travel and spending time with my husband, and our children and grandchildren when I am not working. I have never developed hobbies but I like taking pictures of the family and making Shutterfly books for them to keep.
I do DBT groups for both professional women and women on disability. I have conducted more than 40 of these groups in my 20 years of practice. I use Rapid Resolution Therapy with Clinical Hypnosis for a variety of issues including but not limited to traumatic events, addictions, stopping smoking and decreasing chronic pain. I do a lot of marriage and other relationship counseling as well as parent education, Life Coaching, Critical Incident Stress Debriefing, grief and loss counseling, anger management, personality testing and EMDR.
If you are stuck and ready to change your feelings, thoughts or behaviors, it is likely you have one of two things happening that EMDR or Rapid Resolution therapy with Clinical Hypnosis can help. Either you have suffered some emotional trauma or you could be upset and reacting “as if” something you suspect could happen.
I believe in the tremendous potential that individuals have for healing from horrific experiences. The mind body connection is strong and lasting; any experience that continues to exert a negative influence can be traumatic. I believe that God can heal all things no matter how difficult.
- Years in Practice: 25+ Years
- School: Southern California University PsyD
- University of Tennessee Clinical Social Work
- Tennessee Tech University Secondary Education/English
- More than 5000 hours of continuing education
- License No. and State: #TNSW 1169 Tennessee
Accepted Payment Methods:
Cash, Check, Mastercard, Visa, most Insurances including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, Tri Care, Cigna, Aetna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Magellan and many others
Accepted Insurance Plans:
- Beech Street
- Magellan Behavioral Health
- United Health Care
- Out of Network
- American Behavioral
- Choice Care
- Value Options
- Completed Ethics Training at the Ben Franklin Institute
- Rule 31 Mediation
- Personality Testing-useful in Marriage and Relationship Counseling
- Bonding Assessments for Children
- National Board Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
- Certified in Rapid Resolution Therapy for Victims of Trauma
- Approved Consultant and Certified Therapist in EMDR
- Trained and experienced in the use of DBT, CBT and Mindfulness Meditation
- Trained in the Effective Use of Essential Oils including Essential Oils of the Bible
- Trauma survivors include but are not limited to the following:
- Adults abused as children
- Victims of accidents, crime, domestic violence and life threatening illnesses
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor Counselor
- Certified Personality Trainer
- Trained in Live Coaching and Executive Coaching
- Certified in Critical Incident Debriefing
DBT, Eating Disorders, Chronic pain
The DBT group focuses on Mindfulness, Interpersonal Relationships, Emotional regulation and Distress Tolerance. When a person has been invalidated all or part of their life, these skills are seriously lacking and can be effectively taught and mastered in this group.
Psychology Today verifies the information at the time a therapist is initially listed in the Therapy Directory and then upon expiration of the professional’s credentials.
If you find any of the information in the Therapy Directory to be inaccurate in any way, please tell us by emailing: email@example.com
Personal Growth and Learning Center
509 N Cedar Avenue
Cookeville, Tennessee 38501
(931) 246-4164 x209